Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Oh Where Art Thou..or The Cheeziest Post Ever Written




Dear Grey Hat,
Where have you gone? Did I do something wrong? Did I not tell you how much I appreciate all you do...The moment I put you upon my head..I was transformed.You provided security and comfort when I was feeling insecure and ugly...I got to hide behind your brim and my wild hair was instantly tamed. It has been 3 weeks since I lost you...My whole life has been turned upside down since you left...I have learned to use a brush again. Do you know how hard it is too even find a brush in this house. Why just this morning I asked my 3 daughters where one was. I even sent them all over the house to find it..to my dismay they proclaimed it missing just like you my dear grey hat. It wasn't until later that I found it laying here...



Also since your disappearance my fake blonde hair has grown out considerably and I have almost an inch of dark roots that show. Since I don't have you to cover the obvious up anymore I was left with only a few choices. I thought about not leaving the house until your return. After all I am loyal in my codependency. My only other option was to move on...As much as it pains me to let you go, I must. In your place I found this...

.Unlike you, they come in different colors. I can change them according to my mood and attire. And did you know that for just $8.00, I can own one AND support a mother in E. Africa? I know you are thinking..."Is it as comfortable as me?"..Yes. Yes, dear grey hat it is and it covers my roots. It also tames my wild hair. In fact I walk around feeling great! So, Grey Hat..I really do miss you and I hope you return to me one day...Until then take comfort in knowing...This head of hair is working for a greater purpose.


*more headbands coming soon*

7 comments:

Ginny said...

No-the cutest post ever. I missed out on the first batch! I will order from the next bunch :)

Sean and Lisa said...

:)
Cute, cute headband!

Ms. Sarah Sullivan said...

where did you get the cute headband? what blog do i go to???

Paula said...

You are so silly... but a great salesperson. Let me know when we can get some headbands. And make some in kid sizes!

p.s. you could never look ugly. I just told my mom the other day that you are "model pretty". Only a petite size model of course.

Beautiful Mess said...

I am really sad for you...because i understand your pain.

I can relate because I lost a sweater...and {sniff} I still mourn to this day!

The Robbs said...

Steffany, you crack me up!! I love your determination on this beautiful mission and I love to get to be a part of it!
Love you, girl!
D

The Robbs said...

Steffany, you crack me up! I love your determination on this beautiful mission. I love that I get to be a part of it!!
Love you, girl.
D