Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Nuggets That Nourish...

My heart and mind is in overdrive today. I have blown through a mound of paper scribbling down thoughts. I love nuggets of wisdom. You know..quotes or sayings that people come up with. In a few short sentences they have the ability to totally transform a thought pattern and renew your spirit. Lately many people have been quoting David Platt. WOW! Some convicting stuff like

Humbling, historic reality: The global purpose of God has always met resistance from the comfortable people of God. David Platt.

This one really got me thinking..And then there's this from Rick Warren

Orphans are not a cause, they are a biblical and social mandate we can't ignore.

And some of my all time favorite quotes that have changed my way of thinking...

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple
Dr. Suess
and another by him
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.

Helen Keller..need I say more..

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

What about Anne Frank

Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don't know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!

You all know my biggest mantra is....
One person can make a difference. It doesn't take someone with talent, education, money or (insert what you feel you don't have here)....It just takes YOU.

So my nuggets...the ones from my heart..that I wrote for the people who don't feel smart enough, rich enough, or capable enough. I know you are scared. I know this is new. I know you are busy...etc...Yet, I know you have that feeling in the pit of your stomach...You want to do something, anything....this is for you.

"When you choose to do nothing, you hurt the very thing that is needed....YOU"

"When we do nothing, because the problem seems too big...we cripple our faith. When we do something, no matter how small...we cripple the problem".

"Every action impacts something. When we choose to give we impact the one in need and ourselves...when we do nothing, we impact the way we see ourselves"

"When millions live in bondage we MUST deny ourselves the freedom to do nothing"

and finally....

"It is not my circumstances that vexes me as much as the depth of my faith.
For, if I truly believed God works everything out for His perfect glory then no amount of strife or turmoil should trouble me."


1 comment:

Liz said...

We saw David Platt speak in Louisville at the Adopted for Life conference. He pretty much rocks. Also love that Helen Keller quote.