Monday, June 28, 2010

I'm Not Stupid

Really I'm not.
I know the chances of me...being who I am..not wealthy, very little education, and struggling to care for my 6 kids and husband with huge dreams...the chances of me..alone..raising the 25k needed for a clinic in Ethiopia are small.
I do however have a lot of faith
...and
I know ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!
As of today..I believe about 10k has been raised.
Most of it coming from my $10 friday drive, tacky headbands, and a small church in Tampa.
My goal with BEMM has always been and hopefully will continue to be...
ONE PERSON MAKING THE DIFFERENCE IN THE LIFE OF ANOTHER...
I believe this will all my heart.
I believe I can
and
I believe YOU can make a difference.

But...I'm not stupid!

I know that the ones who truly can make a difference...don't know it yet.
They are either waiting for someone else to do it...thus proving they are not needed.
OR
Want to do something
yet
feel completely inadequate and are simply scared...kind of like the last kid picked in PE
they want to play
they feel that....pick me..pick me..in their heart
but are too scared to raise their hands.

Tell you the truth...
I was both
and
continue to struggle with believing God picked the right person....
I'm like..really? really God? Me?
I have no idea what I am doing. My husband has like 4 jobs..I have 6 kids. I have chronic health issues...we have are hands full with our family...We are broke right now...the list goes on....


But....I'm not stupid...
I know when enough is enough!
1 in 11 women dying to pregnancy related causes in E. Africa..is NOT okay.
I know that on average a woman in Ethiopia has 6.2 children.
You do the math....Help the mommas=help the children....which means less orphans.
147 million is already unfathomable....

So..
if it takes an uneducated, stressed out momma of 6 to cut back on her already small budget and time constraints to STAND-UP and say...ENOUGH
Then fine....
Tag me..
I'll do it.
I would rather not do it alone
....because I am not stupid......
and I know I need you!

I sent out a message on my BEMM fanpage for ideas to help....
7 people give great ideas...
Just nobody
jumped up and down
saying...
pick me.
And
I know
I'm
not the only
non-stupid
one:)

1 comment:

Incognito said...

I already told you to do the Tee shirts!

Walk for E Africa? I will do that?

Silly Bands are a hit, what about those plastic bracelets? I have tonz of ideas! Just tell me when to stop!