Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Red Button

What is it about my nature that just wants to push the red button? The bigger the sign that reads, "Do Not Touch"...the more I just want to run up and hit it as hard as I can. It's like a magnetic force that draws me in. Is it because my heart is filled with disobedience? Defiance? Curiosity? What compels me to do the opposite of the big red sign? Is it the same force that makes me want to only read the red letters in the bible? Am I attracted to the idea of something being taboo or the chaos that follows? I had someone recently give me some advice on what to write about on my blog. I understand where they are coming from. I appreciate the feedback. Yet...now my thoughts have become a big red button. I'm told, "Don't touch it"....and now all I want to do is push it, hit it, smack it, slam it, jump on it, lean on it...I want to demolish the red button. It's taunting me as I type...it's bright red color is tormenting me. Argh.......Darn that red do not touch button!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Darn you! You have piqued my curiosity! :P