Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day 5 or 20 Minutes Before Day 6 of 30 Day Grateful Trial

What a day.

I started my day way too early with a soccer game.
Started my period at half time.
Froze for hours.
Then headed home for play dates and birthday parties.
I know you are already jealous:)

By 11:30am I was in bed cold, miserable, in pain and convinced there was no way I could get on a bicycle to ride for 20 miles.
By 12:30 I realized if I am freezing under 5 blankets in bed with 2 Midol, and I was still feeling awful that a bike ride in 45 degree weather with a lot of wind wouldn't make a difference..I got up.
I mounted my bike with my husband and peddled.
I Won't lie.
I was cold.
I was miserable.
But I did it.
So here I am at 11:46pm grateful that I did.
I am still cold.
Shivering actually.
Still on my period.
Tired and sore.
But you know what?
I DID IT!
and God was there sustaining me...
every breath
every mile
every second.
WAHOOOOOOOO!
In 9 minutes I will be 37!

5 comments:

emily said...

Happy Birthday!! Not exactly how I would have wanted to kick it off myself but kudos for being a darn good wife. Hope you are warm today. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey. Ok, I just realized how I am supposed to do this list thing. I thought it was a running list so in the end there would be '30' things I was grateful for. That made it really hard to pick one each day. Now I get it. HA!

Happy Birthday today! I hope you stay warm & get a little nappy in. Hugs from Texas!!!!

jody said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Didn't think we would be able to convince you about breakfast on your birthday.
Hope you feel better soon.
Much love!

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday:)

Svetlana said...

Happy Birthday!!! Have awesome day!!!