Monday, October 11, 2010

My Twins Parents

In 3 weeks when I travel to Ethiopia I will see the parents of my twins. We are so blessed to have met them before. My children actually have a video and pictures of all of us together. We got to cry together, pray together and share a moment that many adoptive families could only dream of. In the past few years we have exchanged emails, phone calls and pictures. In my heart and spirit I want to give them everything I have! They gave me their children. They entrusted us with the gift God gave them. When I found out the twins had parents my heart broke. Poverty is no reason for a family to be separated. We did everything and offered all we knew to keep them together. Yet, their story goes deeper than that. It is more solid than earthly treasures, their reasoning dives further than my soul can go...The point is...I love them, I want desperately to give them everything. The only thing I can give them..is the knowledge that their/our kids are loved. I know this, but I still want to do something tangible. I get to spend a day with my twins parents and I don't want to show up empty handed. By law I am not allowed to give any gift that has any monetary value...I send pics regularly...ideas? What on earth can I bring or give to symbolize how much they mean to me?

3 comments:

L & L Connard said...

What about bringing something the children made? Self-portraits,pottery(i.e,hand prints)beaded bracelets,necklaces.

Does anyone you know sketch? Maybe a framed pastel or watercolor of the twins?

Just throwing out some ideas.:)

Unknown said...

how about a blanket/throw made from things the twins have worn. my grandma used to be able to tell a story about each square. it is like a tangable memory. you can send more squares through the years and special times and the parents can add it to the quilt.

Paula said...

There is a possibility I could meet with my twins' birth mom while we're in Ethiopia...