Friday, March 5, 2010

We See The Light

I wanted to thank all of you who responded in love and sincerity regarding my post about the issues my son is having. You have probably noticed the post is now gone. I posted such honest and real details of our struggle seeking advice and prayer. I was blessed by all I received. I do want everyone to know that he read the post and gave his permission to share his story. He also read each comment that was left. I chose to remove the post because I felt what we needed and the reason I wrote about about it was met. I hope my blog will always be a place I feel comfortable sharing very real and personal struggles. If the struggles are mine only, I have no problem with who reads about it or what comments I receive. From time to time I might like I did a few days ago share personal stuff about my family because I feel lead to and then I will take it down after I feel like it's time. I just want everyone to know...I did not remove my post because of anything anyone said. We found all comments helpful. With that I do want to give everyone an update who has been praying for our family. After my post, I took my son to a website to read about the "disorder". This was the first time we had ever brought it up. He immediately connected to what he read. He breathed a deep sigh of relief and I saw peace come over him. Also during this week, He and I snuggled in my bed watching on my laptop a show that has absolutely nothing to do with his obsession, actually just the opposite. It's about submersing yourself into different cultures, their beliefs, their food. Then after the show, he has slept with me(Adam is currently working from 1pm to 8am, so there is room in my bed, and I welcome the company:) I stroke his hair like I did when he was little. He quickly falls asleep. This alone has helped SO MUCH. He no longer stays awake night after night in worry or in obsessive thoughts. Instead he is getting much needed rest and I am getting to spend one on one time with my awesome 1st born. He also had his first counseling session today. I LOVED THE GUY. He is a christian man who also has OCD and went through very similar stuff. He and my son talked scripture and seemed to really click. Just in the last few days I have seen so much of him come back. He actually played video games today! I know most parents wouldn't view that as a positive, but with my boy it was a welcome sign! Again thank you everyone who left an encouraging comment and prayed for us. For the first time in weeks....WE ALL SEE THE LIGHT

7 comments:

Jen said...

the power of prayer and the love of a mama! you rock. will continue to pray for you all.

Paula said...

I am so happy to read this post. I have been through a lot of struggles with my ADHD son, and I totally empathize with you... it is so hard to see your beloved child experiencing any kind of hardship. I hope this wonderful counselor helps your son to shine.

Sean and Lisa said...

Praise God for every teeny tiny step of progress!!!!

Ginny said...

This is great news!

Karin said...

thanks for the update... I have been thinking about you alot since the post.

Anonymous said...

Man, we need to have a phone date cause I'm totally out of the loop on this one.

Donna said...

Wow, Steffany. Praise God. I'm so filled with joy after reading your post.