Monday, July 6, 2009

My Blinded Heart.

Sometimes I get so caught up in myself. I can get so ugly. My heart and my mind can become so blinded. I am blind to all of the blessings God has poured into my life. I am blind to the richness around me. I am blind to the work He has started in me. I am blind to His grace.
Me.Me.Me.Me.
I.I.I.I.
It is not about me.
Lord Help me to remember YOU in everything.

Psalm 25:4-5

Show me Your ways, O LORD;
Teach me Your paths.
Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation;
On You I wait all the day.

7 comments:

Paula said...

Steffany, for some reason, I have a hard time leaving comments on your blog... I guess my computer can't play nicely. Would you please send me an email to spearsfamilyne@windstream.net so I can have your email address in my address book? I love your blog and want to keep in touch with you and I get so frustrated when I can't comment! And thanks for the encouragement about the twins!

crispy said...

God is just working on molding you to be the person He wants you to be. And sometimes those growing pains hurt.

Refining is s good thing. And I love that your heart is responding to the truth.

love you my friend

Danielle said...

I try to avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward.

-Charlotte Bronte

Unknown said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this Post!

Anonymous said...

Wait! I didn't mean I second that you have a blinded heart...I meant that I do, too & to that I agree. Oh boy. Hope that wasn't too confusing.

Jen said...

Struggling with the same thing this week. Refreshing to see such honesty. Thank you.

Melinda said...

Amen to that! Love that God is working on you and me for that matter. :)
Love this!