Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Forgotten Room.

We have a room in our home.
I call it the forgotten room.
It is downstairs.
Unused.
It is my favorite room.
How could we forget about it?
Do we live in a mansion?
No.
Just in the pattern of life it has become an island in the house.
It never gets messy.
Which is a tragedy.
It deserves to be used.

Tonight we discovered it again.
We explored.
We enjoyed dinner in it.
Music.
Games.
Books.
Food.
Family.
How could we ever forget this room.
The room I created for creativity and discovery.
that is just down a flight of stairs.
Seriously?












8 comments:

Cassie said...

what a cool room.
and what i notice most about it is the amazing scene of nature right outside those big windows. you must live on a very nice piece of land. thanks for sharing...

Sean and Lisa said...

LOVE the bookshelves full of books!! It looks like a wonderfully comfortable room. So glad you've discovered it again. I'm sure many great memories are just waiting to be had there, just like tonight!!
Enjoy....

David and Sarah said...

Looks like a great evening--maybe the start of MANY great evenings.

Blessings,
Sarah

crispy said...

Such a neat room. Use it more often. And enjoy that special space.

amy smith said...

can i come fill that room for a bit?

Wendy said...

Wow! I LOVE your ladder on your bookshelf! That's SOOOO cool!

Laura said...

Hey, that is my bedroom you are talking about! I cannot believe how big the kids are. I showed the girls your blog the other day. They had all sorts of questions about Africa. Love you!

Leah Dooley said...

I love this room, too. Mostly b/c it reminds me of Christmas morning since the tree always goes here! Also, I love sleeping down there b/c of all the windows & the super comfortable couch.