Wednesday, November 28, 2007


A couple of days ago, my two year old woke up from a dream frantic. He kept saying, "Mommy the baby is crying, her tummy hurts, she's screaming". I asked him what baby? What does she look like? He told me,"the brown baby mommy, we need to rescue her, we need to take her to the doctor." This went on for hours. Over and over filled with passion and genuine concern he kept saying, "mommy the brown baby is screaming, we need to rescue her, go to the doctor, mommy, her mouth is broke from crying, we have to give her pj's". My son asked him where the baby was and each time Lukas kept pointing east. He was very upset we didn't rescue her. Throughout the last two days he keeps bringing it up. McKayley thought he might be talking about the african-american baby doll we have, so we clothed her, gave her some"food" and gave her to him. He loved on the doll for a while, then said,"mommy when are we going to rescue the brown baby that's screaming.
His dream, the urgency in his voice has definitely left my heart feeling unsettled. In reality there are millions of babies with tummy aches, screaming, needing to go to the doctor, and that need to be "rescued".

6 comments:

HollyAnn said...

Very interesting! Maybe there is a baby headed your way??? I'll let you know if she comes our way! :)

Danielle said...

Wow! I got chills reading your post.

Praying for your brown baby girl:)

Anonymous said...

WOW! Sounds like he is has a prophetic dream.

Jamie said...

Oh wow! That is amazing!

Laura Lu said...

WOW! I can see why your heart feels very unsettled! I look forward to seeing what comes of all of this!

Kim said...

wow, I have tears in my eyes. Kids have something so incredibly special, God gives them such wisdom at timely moments. pray.
Kim az