Saturday, April 11, 2009

Not Your Typical Saturday.



Adam was invited to participate in a "celebrity shooting competition". Which cracks me up for two reasons. Let's see #1. Ummmm... He doesn't shoot. #2. Celebrity? hummm...I love it!
*not to dog the competition or my husband being called a celebrity. Just funny..If you really know us:)
He is required to practice at least two times before the event (which is probably a great idea:)
A wonderful man named Steve who is helping Adam allowed Jace and I to come shoot as well. I had no idea what to expect. The only thing I knew was it was going to be outside. I pictured in my mind being in the woods with random gunfire. Because of this vision, I made us wear red. Not at all what I expected. We probably looked like dorks, but I am the biggest self proclaimed dork of all time. So no problem!

It was a blast. We shot a '45' a '22' and a "glok"? I think Adam and Jace are addicted. Me? well.. I had to pee so bad I couldn't concentrate. I finally found a spot in the woods. I was freaked out the whole time trying to pee with gunfire going every direction! After my "break" I found a new sense of focus and actually hit the target.

This is definitely something we don't do on a typical Saturday and the day before Easter, but hey we're not exactly a typical family.





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

After 3 mini breaks of outbursts and then recomposing myself enough to keep reading, I see why it wasn't a typical Saturday. First off, I would have loved to have seen this. Secondly, I wouldn't have dared come close enough to see this!!!!

Definitely better than dying Easter Eggs. Hands down.

Anonymous said...

So if y'all are celebrities what does that make me? Anything?

Major Mom said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring it momma!! Love me a momma with a gun! Sorry...brings out the republican in me...

Laura said...

Wait until you go skeet shooting with a shotgun! So much more fun than aiming at a target!! : )

Incognito said...

You never cease to amaze me and make me laugh!

Laura Lu said...

i think i'm scared!

Anonymous said...

I am afraid of guns. But this post did make me laugh.