Monday, September 29, 2008

Reality Check

After whining about my menstrual cramps, I told my soon to be 13 year old son that when he gets married to be incredibly sweet and loving to his wife when she's on her "period", even if she's grouchy. To that he responded, "I won't have to worry about that for another 5-8 years". All of a sudden his little life flashed before my eyes. My baby is turning 13 in a few days and his time with us is almost up. Before to long, he will be married and on his own. In the midst of diaper changes, time-outs, housework, practices, lessons taught and just daily life-They do grow up and it goes extremely fast.

5 comments:

amy smith said...

oh how i understand.

Karin said...

well, I lived at home with my mom till I was 25 and got married! :) now, you don't want that, do you!?!

Unknown said...

your baby isn't turning 13, he's turning 14!? right?? i thought he was already 13.... which also means someone else has a birthday coming up :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Stef...I don't want to hear that right now. As if I don't cry enough these days. How I love that child. Jace, I am praying for your wife.

Anonymous said...

It goes WAAAYYYY tooo fast.