Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Confessions of a Blog Addict.

I was originally going to title this post Xanga vs Blogger part 2. But I thought I might as well come clean. I'm a blog addict, I have a problem! I wake up and check everyone's blog, I check before I go anywhere, I check before bed and sometimes, Yes, I even wake up in the middle of the night and have to check out my favorite blogs. Pathetic, I know! So, why am I revealing my dark, embarrassing secret? It's Xanga's fault! I'm doing a comparison of the two (blogger and Xanga) over this next month, I want to find out which one is better. AnywayI discovered a tool in Xanga last night called Footprints. It is a tracker. I originally thought, "cool" I can see how many people read this thing. Oh No, it does way more than that, it tells you who is reading your blog. Cool right? No way! Not if you read people's blogs as often as I do. All this time, they (you) can see how really pathetic I am and how often I check their(your)site. I look like I'm stalking. So for all of you who see my name several times a day on your "footprints", really, I'm not a stalker! I never even knew blogs existed until I started this adoption adventure. I rarely got online. It's amazing how connected I've become to the internet now. I did my research on adoption agencies, countries, immigration laws, yahoo groups, blogs all online. I first saw Marion and Emmanuel's picture online. I fell in love with the kid from the foster system after seeing his picture online, I've met great friends, yes, online. I look forward to new posts from all of you, okay maybe a little too much. It's the one time or in my case multiple times a day that I'm not focused on what's going on in my life, or my adoption, or with my kids, but I'm truly listening with all my heart and praying with all that I have for your family, your adoption, and you. So, yes, I am a blog addict! And as far as Xanga vs Blogger- If you are not a blog addict, you might like the footprints thing to see who has visited you. Or if you're like me the whole footprints thing might make you feel like a dork. Either way, it's a cool feature!

15 comments:

Laura Lu said...

Hi my name is Laura, and I too am a blog addict! Whew...there I said it too! :)

I have found that unless a person has adopted or is on the adoption journey...they just can't quite identify with really how intense, exhausting, emotional, and draining it truly is. I find encouragment and support in reading other's blogs. I find a sense of friendship and belonging. I too truly do care about the people whose blogs I read. I pray for them...and I come back numerous times to check out what is going on in their lives! I think we are a virtual support group for each other. :)

So once again...you are not alone! You are surrounded by others that support and identify with you in your adoption journey and now we will support and identify with you in regards to your blogging "fascination" (sounds so much gentler than addict). :)

Ginny said...

I just came across your blog, and laughed so hard at your "addiction." I too am afflicted with this dorky problem!

Anonymous said...

Oh Steffany. You crack me up. I love it and I think half the reason I won't write anything on mine is because I don't want to cause you to stumble. If I start writing on mine it'll just be one more blog for you to obsess over. Hehe

Laura said...

Steffany, at least people read your blog too. How sad is it that I wonder if I should open mine up to the public just to see if anyone will read it. I am not going through any adoption process, I am just trying to connect with people who are going through the stay at home thing. I even have some bookmarked--they don't even live in this country! God calls us to connect with people. Sometimes our society is so "BUSY" that people don't have time to connect and form relationships the way we used to. I wish we were closer. I would love to get together and bake cookies or have the kids play. Instead, I check your blog, at least twice a day. I did start wondering if I needed to get out and start meeting real people instead of cyberspace people. I wonder...

Sean and Lisa said...

Steffany, you are too funny! I so resonated with your post because I too am "addicted" to blogs. When I talk about "my friends" my family now knows it's usually the bloggers I read daily. Honestly, I get so disappointed when I sit down with a cup of French Vanilla Cafe to check in on "my friends" and they haven't posted anything...big bummer!LOL!
I, too, read the blogs and cry tears of joy and tears of sorrow. I grow impatient as they are to have their precious children home. I love to read their stories and I especially love pictures! I also pray for each of them and feel connected in some small, weird way.
Thanks for coming out of the closet....it makes the rest of us feel safe sharing our "blog addiction" as well! :)

Incognito said...

YOU ARE HYSTERICAL! And...you are not alone! I think that there should be some sort of 'blog' rule that you MUST post once a day...if you want extra credit...post twice! Oh thanks for the laugh girl...

Emily said...

OK its only fair if I admit it too.... I am a blog addict.....

If you see my name a lot, its not that I am neglecting my 7 children, I let them look too!

Laura Lu said...

Umm...I re-read my post and unless you know me, you would think that I was sounding "all serious" in that post...just so you know that was a "sarcastic serious".

Christine Sinclair Photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danielle said...

I think anyone that has a blog/xanga has to be somewhat of an addict, or what's the point:)?

I'm right there with ya though.
D.

emily said...

Ok, that footprints thing scares me! That is too funny. I also was an email reader, occasion researcher online kind of girl---now I too am a blog addict! We should form a group:)

Saline County, Arkansas Photos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Saline County, Arkansas Photos said...

Okay, you are really going to think I am nuts, but I can't figure out how to get my new site across... anyway (!), it is:

http://christinesinclairphotography.blogspot.com

I'm glad you visit me!

steffany said...

Wow! I'm glad I'm not alone. Hehe! I didn't realize there was so many of us with blog "fascinations". Thanks for the support! And Laura (stepping out of the boat) I get you girl, you don't need to explain. If you ladies haven't read Laura's profile, you should. Maybe you can give me the shortened version though, I got distracted in the middle of it.

HollyAnn said...

I too am an addict! And now I know to only check my xanga friends once a day! he!he!