Monday, January 19, 2009

Things I'll Miss Later in Life but....Drive me Nuts Now!

Sneaking off to the bathroom alone to do my business only ending up entertaining three toddlers at the same time.

Toys all over the house.

Taking an hour to clean all my windows and mirrors only to turn around and see little handprints all over them again.

Hearing "mom, mom, mom" over and over again.

Wondering where all the toilet paper went.

Reading Brown Bear Brown Bear over and over again.

The Wonder Pets.

The never ending quest searching for favorite blankets and luvies before bedtime.

Cleaning up the flood during bath time.

I know these days will be gone before I know it. I know there will be a time that instead of craving, "me time" to undo the bags under my eyes, I will be craving, "kid time" and the bags under my eyes will no longer matter ( because gravity will have won by that time anyway:)

10 comments:

amy smith said...

i don't care what you say... i don't think i will miss the wonder pets. oswald, yes. wonder pets, not so much.

Sandee said...

Ah, Steffany, you are so right! (I have to ask, dare I, what are wonderpets? maybe my kids are missing out, and maybe that is a good thing?)

I was thinking today, in five years, I will have a 10,11,12,13 and 15 year old in the house. Just imagine what THAT will be like! :)

Erin said...

Wow! I have thought all of these things myself! Thanks for putting it all into perspective.

crispy said...

Just such a sweet picture of you guys. Enjoy the moments, for they pass too quickly.

Sarah said...

Don't know if I'll ever miss the bathroom party, but will definitely miss all of the other things (especially those cute little fingerprints on the mirrors and windows!).
Blessings,
Sarah

Laura said...

I still watch Wonder Pets! I love the Backyardigans! It does go fast, I have to admit. Hey, we finished our home study this evening...who knows what God has in store! : )

Ali said...

I will miss the songs from Oswald, but not the show. At least I get to have a little Fred Savage in my life again. I would rather watch the Wonder Pets than Dora or Diego anyday. Thank God none of my kids like them. No really, Thank you God. I ditto everything on your list. I won't miss the baby screaming for food right before I serve dinner, but I will miss the cuddling with all my little ones. I love cuddling.

Mrs. Hammer Time said...

Wow, can I relate!

Emily said...

I can relate to ALL of those :) Especially figuring out what happened to the toilet paper and we have a mystery person pouring out the soap in the bathrooms....

Unknown said...

So so so true. I had a hospital procedure yesterday and had to recover...so I watched tv. All I could think was "oh...the kids would love these shows" (we dont' have cable.) I ended up watching the wiggles. Good grief!