Monday, September 24, 2007

It Has Begun





Construction on Marion's House has officially begun!!!!! A family who recently traveled to Liberia to pick up their three children, was kind enough to take pictures for me! It is to house the babies, function as an office for Addy's Hope and I think be a place for adoptive families to stay. I could have the last part wrong though. Anyway, I'm just excited to share the photos with everyone. Although it doesn't look like much right now, I know it will be a place that brings hope to all who enter. A hope to the babies that have no where to go, a hope for Addy's Hope that work tirelessly on our behalf, and a hope to adoptive families who pray for the best care for their children until they can come home.
These pictures couldn't have come at a better time. I am struggling with sadness and loss right now. I thought the grief of Marion's death and Emman's return to the village would have left my spirit by now. It's strange the opposite has been happening. Right after everything happened I was at peace, and I knew God would work it all out for His glory. And He has- Just look at what's being built in Liberia! However, The time between then and now-has seemed like an eternity. It's been enough time to allow doubt to creep in. Doubt of- Am I really suppose to adopt from Liberia? Doubt of-Am I just trying to fill an emptiness with kids? Doubt of- Am I really capable of caring for and loving another child? Doubt of-Am I making the best decision for my family?
Then God reminds me again of His promises- I need to replace my doubt with faith. Faith that yes, I am to adopt from Liberia. Faith that-No only God fills my emptiness. Faith that-Yes, I can and will love and care for any child that comes through my door. And Faith that-It is not my decision, but a gift that God has given to my family. A gift that I look forward to, a gift I am praying for and a gift that will be cherished.

5 comments:

HollyAnn said...

Amen! I know well all those thoughts! I am excited to see Marion's House completed and decorated "American style"! :)

Anonymous said...

As Nacho would say, "COME ON! DON"T BE CRAZY!" You and Adam are deciding this together...have confidence in that unity and know God wouldn't lead you both down the wrong path. I know you are supposed to adopt and I am waiting for my nephew and unknown neice to come home too! I was just telling my friend at work about it tonight and my eyes welled up with tears.

I'm so excited pics are up of the Marion House now!
Then sings my soul!!!!!!!

Danielle said...

How exciting!

I'm not sure if I got your email or not:) The last one I received, I wrote you back...if that helps:)

Can't wait to hear about your upcoming adoptions...

Blessings, Danielle

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys.

Brandi said...

Amazing! yeah, God is so good. . .thanks for using this blog to share your real heart. My favorite blogs/posts are the real ones. . .heck, this is supposed to be an online journal, so I love when people use it as such!

Thanks,
Brandi